Last Saturday was date night- Evan came up to visit and we hit the town (aka West Hartford) to do what we do best…eat! Bartaco for dinner followed by, you guessed it, MILKCRAFT for dessert. Head to my Instagram to see photos! Yesterday, I had a great meeting with Cure Restaurant and Bar in Unionville to discuss how they have incorporated sustainable farming and food practices into their dishes. Stay tuned for a blog post on them this coming week, as well as my post on Silk City Coffee (which will be up in just a couple hours)! Next week, I’ll be meeting with Donut Crazy and Locali, two AMAZING establishments (doughnuts and pizza, could ya go wrong?!) down in Fairfield County. Tomorrow, I’m taking a macaron cooking class at Sur La Table (!!!) so be sure to follow along on Instagram for some sweet strawberry shots and a little ~je ne sais quoi~
I’m starting a new weekly series where I will feature some of the best food articles and news I’ve read elsewhere this week! Instagram has been the biggest asset in terms of connecting with other bloggers, food journalists, restaurants, charities, etc. I think this will serve as a great way to highlight some of the inspiring work and exciting news happening in and around the food scene. So without further ado, below are brief descriptions and links to some of the best food articles and blogs I’ve seen this week!
- From a tea purveyor to a pastry chef to a Neuroscientist turned Director of Operations, Eater is featuring their version of Forbes’ 30 under 30 list. Instead, they’re calling it Young Guns and profiles chefs and restauranteurs under 30 or who have been in the industry for under five years. Check it out here!
- An oldie but goodie…I just came across this article on Thrillist that was posted last year (I’m a little tardy to the party). Sort of similar to Eater’s post, it features the coolest jobs in the food industry that you probably didn’t know existed, or at least had no idea you could list on your LinkedIn- Pitmasters, Top Chef judges, cookbook developers, jam tasters, and burger photographers are present.
- Considering I am a Native Nutmegger, I am completely partial and 100% biased to the Connecticut-style Hot Lobster Roll (ESPECIALLY the one at Lobster Landing in Clinton). If you’re like me, you should probably check out CT Bite’s article for their roundup of the best hot lobster rolls in the state.
- Calling all Carnivores! GoldBurgers is opening a new location on Capitol Avenue, located right next to Little River Restoratives. Oh, and they’re on UberEats as well, so those burgers can zoom right into your tummy! Like their Facebook page for updates.
- Molly Yeh of My Name is Yeh is one of my favorite food bloggers. This bridal shower is ADORABLE- I’ve been loving the photos of all the garden-themed goodies posted on her Instagram all week long. Read her full blog post for recipes and more photos!!
Cheers to the weekend!
P.S.- If you really, really like me, there is a new button on the homepage sidebar so you can sign up for emails and never miss a post!